Friday, June 4, 2010

How do I know that God is at work in my life?

Let me count the ways...

First, His Word flows like a river through my body and my soul every single day. Like a torrent of raging waters that never ceases, God's Word is a constant stream that comes in through various means -- the people I interact with, the Bible, the books I read, the internet, the music I listen to, every single time I worship Him when I go to church, when I confess my sins and the priest shares the Good news. I may not always be open during some of those moments but when God's Word sinks in, Heaven!

Second, His instruments are hard at work. I see them everywhere -- in my own family, my Grandma who I love dearly, my Aunt, who I also love, my Uncles, my Cousins, my Friends, my Neighbors, some of which have been so nice. I never realized that there were a lot of nice people all around me. Everything used to be all about work. I would just come in and go out of the house to work, go out with friends, go to church, without even talking with my neighbors. But now, when I meet some of them and dare to strike a conversation, it's like doors are being opened. And I'm not talking about opportunities to make money or advance my career. No, it's this great chance to bless and be blessed, to learn about their life, where they live, what they do, who they are. It's a refreshing experience and I'm glad I dare to talk with them now. They're strangers no more. I can't wait to meet more of them. Plus, I've met new sisters and brothers in Christ, when I joined a couple of prayer groups and Church congregations. I'd love to go back to my roots and serve through the Church choir too. I have no idea what's holding me back. Embarrassment perhaps? Or lack of confidence in my gift? My voice might be a bit rusty. Plus, I don't know the lyrics of some of the songs. No more excuses, right?

Third, God makes His presence felt in so many ways. Plus, he sends so many signs. And he truly is guiding my steps. I may get a bit stubborn sometimes but in the end I guess it's really up to me. God is always there, ahead of time, sometimes just in time, and sometimes He's just waiting for me to get the message and catch up. It's like He never leaves. And for that I am forever grateful. It's true. I am blessed, I am annointed, I am strong... because God made me that way. God has a great plan for me and He never stops reminding me of that. He never ceases to amaze me. He gives me space when I need it, but He also teaches me life's lessons, no matter how difficult they are to accept or cope with. Today I am filled with hope, and joy and a zeal for life that is surprising. I've never felt this great and for some reason, I know it's because Jesus has finally got His message across. Be patient, wait for Him, focus on what He wants me to do and everything else will fall into place. Very exciting!

And so, as I look back and ponder on how my life has turned out, I realize now that God is always there -- a strong and constant presence in my life. And I know that he always will be an integral part of my life, through good times and bad. For that, I am forever humbled and I am forever grateful. Thank you God! I will bless your name forever, Lord Jesus Christ! Forever I will be your humble servant Lord Jesus. Please mold me and use me for your purpose. May You reign in my heart and in the hearts of all peoples all over the world. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika