Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Abortion is Murder! It should be Banned and Abolished!

Abortion is such a horrible topic—but one that should be talked about until every single item relevant to the whole issue has been worn out. First off, abortion is horrible. Medically speaking, it is a whole bloody mess. The whole procedure takes a whole lot of blood, sweat and tears with little or no relief for both the doctor and the patient. Literally, abortion is a procedure that should never, ever be performed, let alone discussed. Yet discuss it we must.

With the approval of the pro-abortion bill, one might think that the entire member of congress has gone nuts! Why anyone would ever approve the inhumane and deplorable murder of an innocent, unborn baby, a living entity, a would-be grown human being with feeling, rights and privileges is something that boggles the mind. I kid you not!

I’ve been meaning to write about this subject but I never got around to it. I kept thinking, oh if I put it off for one more day it won’t bother me as much. But with each day that goes by, the knowledge that such an unforgivable practice would not only be condoned, but even legalized and given extra means to grow and prosper gives me the heebie-jeebies!

Today, I took one look at Bo’s KFam Report and decided to put into writing my opinion about the whole matter. FYI, Bo’s KFam Report merely states the amount they spent in order to rescue 15 babies from abortion, with a bit of vital information thrown here and there. And yet, this simple email struck a chord in me that just would not stop reverberating.

Abortion is wrong! It is unpardonable! It is shocking! It is dreadful! It is appalling! It is downright unacceptable!

Why anyone would approve such a bill only goes to show how loose the morals of our lawmakers have become. Not only have they given free-rein to the outright murder of innocent lives many times over every single day or even hour for that matter; they have also let loose the unborn babies’ version of one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse. I am not exaggerating either.

We should be scared, very scared! Abortion does not just snuff out an innocent’s life it endangers the life of the expectant mother as well. Both baby and mother are in mortal danger each time a procedure for abortion is performed or even attempted.

I remember watching the movie “The Cider House Rules” featuring my favorite actor, Tobey “Spider-man” Maguire, and I recall cringing every time he would bring out this small “arinola” as we call it here in the province, knowing that it contains one or more fetuses coming from the young girls or women who visit their clinic just to have their babies aborted for reasons ranging from their youth, the fact that they were raped and don’t want the baby, or simply because they weren’t ready and not expecting to get pregnant, like Charlize Theron’s character.

Abortion is such a depressing topic—the mere mention of it makes me want to rant and cry at the same time. For the life of me I have no idea why anyone would condone let alone promote such a practice. My best friend, who happens to be one heck of a doctor (she’s a genius, you see), was once asked to perform an abortion on one of her friends. Even though the approach was discreet, my friend was appalled and she said a firm “No!” right then and there. This makes me love my best friend even more. I know I’m biased and all but the mere fact that she would not even consider the request restores my faith in doctors and humanity, even only for just a little while. Knowing that there are many doctors out there who would never perform such a lamentable procedure like abortion makes me smile, for just a minute or so. That smile is still on my face right now. Hey, I really love my best friend!

To put it bluntly, abortion should never even be mentioned in any circle, whether out loud or in hushed tones. It’s something that should be kept 10,000 feet underground, under hundreds of locks and guarded by that three-headed dog in Harry Potter. That’s how unpardonable abortion is in my opinion, and nothing would ever change that!

So there, I’ve finally said my piece on abortion. This has been a constant reminder for me. A voice keeps telling me each and every night to take time out to write about abortion. In my head, that voice is God. Out of deference to Mama Mary’s Immaculate Conception feast, which happens to be today, I am publishing this blog on all of my social networks. Don’t care what anyone thinks about this last part. At least tonight I can sleep soundly knowing that I have finally done what God has been asking me to do for so many weeks now. Abortion should be abolished! Right here, right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika