Friday, December 18, 2009

My "Thank You God" List (the second one for today!)

Here we go again! When inspiration strikes, it doesn't stop until you've written everything down, or fallen asleep trying. Hehehe. Seriously though, I have 5 more things to be thankful for today, or should I say tonight?

1. The chance to attend simbang gabi. I love our local church's idea to hold 8pm masses every night in addition to the early morning (or dawn?) masses. It's just as solemn, without having to face the hordes of people who (I heard) reach our city plaza due to their sheer number each day. Plus, I like walking to church at night. It's like going to our monthly healing mass, only better... cuz we get to do it everyday. And oh, I love the fact that different choirs sponsor the mass each night--different sets of songs every night. Gotta love the variety that offers... I know I do!
2. The opportunity to help a stranger (an old man and his family) carry their Christmas gifts from one of our local church's volunteer gift-givers. He was clearly carrying a burden (the basket was laden with gifts so I'm not surprised manoy was willing to lug it around) and, well, softie for old people that I am, I just had to help. Nothing beats helping people in need, especially the elderly. Reminds me of my lolo and lola each and everytime. Thank you manoy. Best of all, thank you Lord for that opportunity to do good today.
3. Getting $5.00 for 2 or 3 hours worth of writing. Not exactly a whole lot of wealth but it was a "something-I-need-to-prove-to-myself" project so there you go. Just glad I could help out a friend during her own version of a "writing emergency" situation.
4. Receiving a Congrats, you've been accepted to (a new writing group) email. Yay me! I just hope I can live up to their standards... or live, period. Hahaha. Wish me luck?
5. The peace of mind that comes from saying the Rosary with my family, plus our 2 pre-Christmas novenas right after the mass. Nothing like a good family prayer to prepare us for sleep.

All in the span of 5-6 hours! And here I thought I only had to come up with 3 things to be thankful for today! Guess this is gonna be a start- and end-of-the-day habit. I am one grateful gal. Life is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika