Monday, December 21, 2009

My "Thank You God" List for the day...

Before I dive into my list for the day, I just wanted to share something amazing that happened last night when I resumed my "Miracle Hour" prayer. While I was on Scripture readings, the instruction is the same as always... ask for the help of the Holy Spirit and then open your Holy Bible to some random page and then look for a word that "leaps" out of the page and then ask the Holy Spirit what He wants to teach you through that word.

Imagine my surprise and immense glee upon opening my Christian Community Bible last night and reading the word "heaven" upon first glance. I was so moved, I immediately closed my Bible and my eyes and waited for the Lord to speak.

I know some people may find this "corny" but here's what God told me last night: "The gifts of heaven are yours, My child, if you choose to accept it." And accept it, I did. No way I'm turning that offer down, even if it means I have to take up my cross and carry it from that moment on. They say we have little crosses too, and I am so inspired these days that I don't even see them as little crosses anymore. I see them as little opportunities to turn crosses into blessings!

Amazing doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. The Lord had other instructions for me but I'm keeping that to myself for now. Some of them are a bit personal, others relate to my family.

Upon the Holy Spirit's urging, I skipped the Intercessions and Petitions part and immediately began my Thanksgiving prayer. After that, I turned off the lights, immediately dozed off, slept like a baby and woke up with praise on my mind and on my lips. This is such a miraculous experience that I just had to write about it. Imagine getting that message from the Lord! I have no idea why or how that happened but it's truly life changing. It has totally altered my outlook on life. No way am I giving despair any room from now on!

I am still on a natural high right now so you'll have to forgive my enthusiasm. Anyway, with this miraculous experience as my jump off point, I'm officially counting my blessings for the day.

Here it goes:

1. The gift of life and love. Such an amazing package, if you ask me. No other present could ever match God's gift to all of us. All I can say is, thank you Lord!

2. The gift of inspiration that did not dissipate even after a good night's sleep. In fact, it's building up to something entirely hard to keep to myself. Amazing!

3. I just have to mention getting a good night's sleep on today's list. Even after the 2 glasses of coke and yesterday afternoon's mocha (a.k.a. coffee) chocolate ice indulgence, I can't believe I had no trouble catching those oh so elusive ZZZ's. I guess peace of mind is one powerful weapon against troubled sleep huh?

4. The chance to meet up with one of my closest friends later this afternoon. It's been a while since I've seen her so this is gonna be a chika-fest. Can't wait!

5. Last night's miraculous encounter with the Lord. This is just such good news that it deserves a spot on today's list. And I choose to add it under my favorite number. Now you know, 5 it is.

6. So many opportunities, I've literally lost count. For this one, I am still reeling. God truly is great! He knows what we need even before we ask for it. I don't want to brag so I won't mention all of the job opportunities that God has sent my way. I simply want to thank Him for showering me with so many blessings during Advent, for that matter. He truly knows how to lift and heal a broken spirit. Goodbye despair, hello bright future! Thank you Lord!

7. The chance to spend lunch time with my Grandma. That's why I have to say bye for now. Need to have some quality time with my "Nana." God is good. He loves you and me. Time to spread the good news! Catch up with y'all later. Might be another list later tonight, who knows? Until then, have a blessed Sunday everyone! May God be with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika