Saturday, January 2, 2010

My "Thank You God" List for Saturday, 1/2/10

Now that 2010 is officially underway, I've got so much to be thankful for that I simply don't have enough time to write everything down. So from now on, I'll limit them to 3 things.

I am grateful for:

1. The gift of life. New year, new life. Lots to be excited about.

2. The chance to go back to a former employer (or two, God willing). I won't say which one(s), since everything's still up in the air. Needless to say, I'm gonna have to make the tough decision -- office or home-based work. Tough decision, cuz I like working at home but I also miss working in an office environment. I am grateful for every opportunity that God has sent my way but heaven help me, making this choice is going to be sooo difficult. Wish me luck?

3. The gift of forgiveness and second chances. This one's a no-brainer. I know how tough it is for us to forgive each other for offenses real and imaginary. One thing that amazes me though, is God's boundless love for all of His creation. I'm amazed that He finds it so easy to forgive us, no matter how many times we have sinned. I am both humbled and awed by His patience and unwavering faith in all of us. I mean, it's a bit ironic that in spite of our lack of faith, sometimes, God never lets go of us.

And so, I will end today's list with a short prayer. Thank you, Lord, for loving us unconditionally and for making the ultimate sacrifice. I pray that this year would bring us love, peace, joy, hope, and faith. I pray that the gifts of reconciliation, kindness and gentleness will rule in our hearts. I pray that broken relationships will be healed and that love will reign all over the world, as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ. May the gifts of the Holy Spirit remain in our hearts. This I ask in Jesus' name. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika