Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thank You!

Wow! This is the first time this year that I felt normal. My mood has been stable all day—no anger or loneliness. I was too immersed in my chores; too busy accomplishing a single task at a time to give in to my mood swings. This is the first time this year that I felt a genuine sense of accomplishment, something to be proud of, even if what I did were menial tasks—doing the laundry and cleaning my room.

I guess it really helps to have a plan. Now that I’m starting to understand my condition and actually opening up to my loved ones about it, things suddenly seem easier to handle. I feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders. My heart suddenly feels lighter, my spirit free.

I owe most of this newfound freedom to my Creator - the One who makes all things possible. My daily readings have helped tremendously to give me direction; it has helped me find a safe haven amidst all the confusing things that waylay a poor traveler like me.

It gives me comfort knowing that after I reached out to Lola, she has accepted my invitation and opened her mind to my condition, even going so far as asking questions after she read the handout that I shared with her. It soothes my soul to know that Lola is trying to understand what I’m going through, without any judgment or bad words.

It also helps to know that I have friends who remain open-minded, understanding and infinitely kind, even after they found out about my illness. It gives me hope for the future, the knowledge that I am not alone in this journey. That makes it possible for me to get excited about this adventure I’m on once more, knowing that there will be rocky paths ahead but secure in the knowledge that God has His stewards in place, ready to pick me up when I fall and help me pick up the pieces of my shattered life.

See at this point, life isn’t so bad. I know things won’t always be this normal and my mood won’t always be this stable but it helps to know that I now have a direction, a plan, and that it is possible to be focused and actually accomplish something at the end of the day.

Thank you for all your blessings Lord. I praise your name from now until eternity. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika