Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Can Make Dreams Come True!

I found this in my drafts folder. This was from a year and a half ago. Just thought this is worth sharing. :)

"I Can Make Dreams Come True!"

Wow!  Honestly, that statement I just made took a lot of guts.  lol.  I'm not usually the bragging type, though I can be a chatterbox when someone encourages me, and I tend to have an opinion most of the time, but I really am quite careful about crossing the line between proving myself and showing off.

This entry, however, did not come out of the blue.  It came from weeks of wonderful events and blessing that I can't help but get teary eyed sometimes (char!) whenever I think of what God has showered upon me.  And of course, my compulsion to help and offer support has inspired me to write about what's been going on in my personal and professional life.

After years of waiting, I think I've finally found what I've always wanted.  But I won't reveal that just yet.  I work from home, have been doing that for more than two years now.  I must say, the difference between working from home and working at the office is truly tremendous.  But there are moments when I miss the office environment, particularly the shared meals with laughter on the side, the endless teasing by "kulit" officemates (me included), the water cooler breakthroughs (my friends and I did our best thinking near the water cooler back then), and the general comfort that comes from working with lots of people.  Special shout-out to my friends! :)

However, working from home is much more rewarding, not just financially, and enjoyable.  Imagine not having to waste travel time, avoiding pollution, waiting for a ride in the pouring rain, eating home-cooked meals every single day -- those are some of the many reasons why I feel more comfortable working from home.  If you're one of those people who would like to set up their own business online, then you're in for a treat.  During the next few weeks, I'll be writing about that too.

Going back to the reason why I boldly made the statement "I Can Make Dreams Come True" and how this can help you, I have one word for you -- mentors!  These days there are so many influential people to follow on the internet, special shout-out to our new leader, President Noynoy (who's such a humble person, by the way).  The best ones, however, are mentors not because they want to earn from you, they coach because they love what they're doing and wish to share it with others.

As for me, I'm still finding my foothold in this mountain that I'm climbing, but this sure is fun!  One thing that keeps me going though is this -- "with God all things are possible."  I choose to be a blessing and I ask God each and every day to use me to bless others.  That's the main reason why Pinoy Dream Builders was born.

This has been quite an exciting week for yours truly.  Things have been moving super fast over the past few weeks.  Work has been a bit hectic, so has my online training ... but one thing's for sure, I'm grateful for both.

Well, this week, just yesterday even, I took a chance that I never would've made -- I asked for someone else to help me achieve one of my goals.  Sure, it was embarrassing during that moment but the rewards that came after it was awe-inspiring.  I got to talk with one of my favorite mentors -- something that I don't usually do, at least not these days.  It was such an amazing experience because not only did I dare to chat with Mr. Jomar Hilario himself, I also got such a generous gesture from my boss -- he said it was a bonus for working hard!

Well, you can imagine my excitement!  I couldn't wait to tell everyone at home about it.  My lola, aunt and two uncles were bombarded with the information over and over again ... I'm joining Jomar's workshop and seminar on August 13-15, 2010!  The best part is, my boss will sponsor me!  Wow, that really got me psyched about the whole thing.  I was so inspired that I couldn't stop watching videos and reading online ... absorbing so much information that I could barely stop.  Slept at midnight.  Woke up really early this morning.  Very inspired right now.  :)

The thing is, I now realize that dreams don't just involve getting your dream job or building your own business empire -- dreams could also mean living the life you've always wanted, going to places you've never been, physically or otherwise, finding the right girl/guy, having a loving family,

Seriously though, I've been doing so much over the past couple of weeks that I really haven't had the time to write anything on my blogs, even on Pinoy Dream Builders.  But one thing that the whole experience has made me realize is that I do have the capacity to "Make it Happen" and that "I Make Dreams Come True" to quote Mr. Bo Sanchez.

This means that for Pinoy Dream Builders, it's on!  At the moment I'm planting seeds and this is so much fun!  Our common goal is to build dreams -- whatever your dreams are, I'm here to help.  For new visitors, please feel free to leave a line or two.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say on the subject of reaching for your dreams, well, let's reach for the stars while were at it shall we?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika