Thursday, March 1, 2012

I asked, He answered... Thank You Lord!

When someone evil stops sinning and does what is right and good, he saves his life. – Ezekiel 18:27

This passage jumped out of my screen today after I asked God for wisdom and guidance. I don't know why but this seemed like the perfect answer to my prayer.

You see, I have been sorely tempted to avail of an iPhone plan that is being offered in SM City Cebu. I have always been fascinated with gadgets. Lately, my inner gadget geek screams iPad 2 but so far, I have avoided that. So imagine my consternation when I got wind of the iPhone plan offer! Sheesh. Hihihi.

Well, imagine my surprise when I got home from lunch at Jollibee raring to write again cuz I'm on a roll. Thank You Holy Spirit. My goal for the day is to write 5 PRs. I don't remember going beyond 4 so I am very excited. The surprise? My inner gadget diva (lol) was screaming iPhone! Goodness me! I don't think I could have fought that temptation on my own. Thank God for His message (care of Kerygma Family).

The passage "When someone evil stops sinning and does what is right and good, he saves his life." – Ezekiel 18:27 not only stopped that tempting thought on its track, everything screeched to a halt for a while. Imagine how wonderful it would be to be in Heaven, knowing that all is forgiven and life is saved. Then imagine the opposite. I'm sure that I would prefer the former than the latter. And so, as the gadget diva's voice is stifled, I breathe a sigh of relief and thank God with a short prayer.

Thank You Lord Jesus for saving me from myself time and time again. And for helping me get up and move on whenever I fall. But most of all, I thank You Jesus for carrying my cross for me. I am ready now Lord Jesus Christ. I will get up, carry my cross and follow you wherever you go. I want to stick it out with You and I will serve you now and forever, my Servant King! Thank You Lord Jesus for Your kindness, Your mercy, Your goodness, Your grace and most important of all -- Your Love...

Your LOVE is amazing Lord God. I never want to be separated from You no matter how great the material desires may be. Amen.

Allow me to share one of my favorite prayers to the Holy Spirit...

Oh Holy Spirit, Thou who make me see everything and show me the way to reach my ideal.
You who gave me the divine gift to forgive and forget the wrong that is done to me and who are in all instances of my life with me.

I, in this dialogue, want to thank You for everything and confirm once more that I never want to be separated from You no matter how great the material desires may be. I want to be with You and my loved ones in Your perpetual glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika