Wednesday, January 11, 2012

On Gratitude -- Issues & Scars 2011

First, I would like to thank my personal Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for making 2011 a very interesting and colorful year for me. Sure, it was laden with troubles and problems but the blessings far outweigh any of those hurdles that I had to face in 2011. I am very grateful. Thank You, Lord Jesus.

Second, I wish to thank my family and friends for being there for me through every blessing and even through the trials and tribulations. I would not have survived 2011 without any of you so thank you and may God continue to shower all of us with blessings and strengthen us with every trial that we face in 2012.

Third, I would like to share the reason for this title. I wrote a blog post called "Scars and Wounds" in 2007 and I just wanted to look back at the 3 odd years that have passed, knowing that the wounds may have healed but the scars still remain. Now I know that I will carry those scars throughout my life and live with each one of them. I also know that I have 2 choices -- to dwell on those scars and pick on the scabs or to be grateful for every memory that comes with each scar and move on armed with the lessons that I have learned from the stuff that have happened in between. Well, I choose the second path knowing full well that God is with me with every step I make in this journey called life.

I am grateful Lord Jesus and I know now that I am nothing without you. I pray for your love and your grace. Thank You Lord Jesus. You are beautiful and I can't wait to finish this song for you that is still unwritten. My soul longs for You Lord Jesus and my love song for You is intertwined with my soul's basic desire -- to see You in all Your glory and to be where You are. Praise You Lord Jesus. Amen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika