Thursday, November 3, 2011

About Judgment... Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

“Stop judging, that you may not be judged.” (Matthew 7:1)






The funny thing about judgment is that it has a way of coming back to us. My personal experiences caught on God's canvas is very colorful and there are some embarrassing spots  this canvas but if there's one thing I've learned it's this -- judgment is like a boomerang -- once thrown out there it comes back with such a huge "WHAM" and when it happened to me, I didn't even know what hit me!


And so as I get up from yet another fall, I've learned a few more lessons along the way, thanks to my family and friends...


First, stop judging myself and other people and keep my emotions in check. Sometimes it's wiser to just accept that things happen for a reason.


Second, stop pointing fingers because when I point them, only one finger is pointing at my opponent, one finger (my thumb) is pointing down, and the other 3 fingers are pointing right back at me. If that isn't irony then I don't know what is.


Third, I've learned the value of detachment. Don't get me wrong, I'm still struggling with this one. I have the tendency to get too attached to people and things and when they go away or break down, as people and things are wont to do (didn't mean to lump them together), the loss gets a bit too much too bear.


Finally, I've learned to accept myself for who I am... human, prone to mistakes and imperfect. And that's just the way I like it. Sure I want to be better but at the end of the day, pushing myself too much only results in disaster so I've decided to cool it. Hands on the brakes just in case, pedaling slower to enjoy the journey better and maybe backpedal sometimes to remember a lovely memory or two. I'm loving this bike ride!


So there, I've learned some lessons which intend to keep. Thank God for so many second chances. I'm glad to be alive. Happy to be loved. And grateful to be surrounded by such a wonderful group of loving people - my family and friends. God is good all the time. And He is sooo awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika