Monday, November 28, 2011

Love & Gratitude -- Why They Come Hand in Hand

Love can be a bit confusing sometimes. I have never really allowed myself to love someone. And by love, I mean love love. You know, with the opposite sex. It scares me, the thought of falling so deeply in love with someone that you can't live or breathe without them. I've always thought that was so cheesy. But now I'm not so sure.

I'm going through a transformation that is alarming and scary mostly because this is unknown. I have a feeling that when the clouds part, there's something elusive yet oh so wonderful at the other end. Kind of like following a rainbow? I don't know how to explain this but it sure is nice. Sure, there is some pain but I prefer this compared to the numbness that I went through before.

The truth really does set us free. But who knew that it would bring joy and laughter together with pain and sorrow? I surely did not expect this. Such bliss! I know this sounds crazy and I'm scared half to death already but for some reason I just keep moving on. It's like turning pages too fast and then going back to check out what I have missed.

Here comes the heartache again. But this time I welcome this with open arms. Embracing the pain makes it so much easier to experience the joy. This is the first time I have ever pursued a dream that has been living inside my heart for so long.

I may have been soul searching for the past 17 and a half years and now I have finally discovered that what I have been looking for has been with me all along -- love. And for that I am forever grateful. I guess it's true what they say... love and gratitude comes hand in hand for the simple reason that true gratitude is borne out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika