Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Girl on Re-mission

Have you ever had that feeling that something horrible was about to happen? That at any moment someone or something is gonna strike you and you won't be able to defend yourself? I've been living with that terrible feeling of foreboding for a few years now... and that feeling is the worst. They say that our fears are usually worse than that which we fear. Now I can honestly say that it's true.

I have been searching for my life's purpose since I was a teenager. I've been to places that scared the heck out of me and to this day, I am still unsure what my purpose really is. I've been praying for God to show me the way, reveal my mission, so that I can live out his plan for me. But until now, I still don't know what my mission is. At first, I thought I was supposed to spend my life in the countryside helping the underprivileged, the poor, and the oppressed. But now I realize that the ones I should be serving is right here in my own home -- my family -- especially my Grandma.

Do you know when I discovered this? It was during the past few years. While I was out there looking for my mission, I overlooked the very people who I should have been serving all along -- my family. My grandma (Lola) is turning 90 next month and I really want to give her a birthday party that she will remember. I was hoping to invite her living siblings, close relatives, and friends. Oh, I also want to buy her a cake with the numbers 90 firmly planted on top of it. In short, I just want her to be happy on her 90th birthday.



So from being a girl with a mission to becoming a woman without one, I now have a new mission -- I'd like to call this my re-mission. I know this will not be easy but I also feel deep in my heart that this is what I am meant to do. What will happen next year, I do not know. And that feeling of foreboding is still there. But I choose to be happy and I want my family to be happy too. And so I pray for peace, love, and joy in the next year for my family and friends.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

Mama Mary, Queen of all saints, pray for us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika