Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Honesty, Growth & Moving On

I think I can honestly say that I'm finally ready to move on. Crisis averted, I hope.

This is a small breakthrough cuz I've been looking back and wasted so much time on regrets and could've beens that I failed to appreciate the blessings that are right in front of me this whole time.

My family, for one. I never thought I'd say this but I missed them! Where on earth was I the past 17 years? Have I really been too self-involved? Too caught up in my own problems that I never realized that I already have awesome cousins who are so much fun to chill with. That I have a loving nephew who would've grown up right next door but I missed most of his growing years. That my family truly loves me and wants the best for me.

My friends are such gems too. They know me inside out. They know when to come calling and when to back off and give me space. Now I realize how truly blessed I am. Family and friends who truly love us? Thank God for sending these loving people into my life!

And my work, such bliss. I have a lot of fun, the toughies become biggies because of the affirmation that my workmates and clients offer. This is perhaps a sign that I truly have moved on. True, it was painful leaving two of the best companies that I've ever worked at, with people who I truly love. But looking back now, I guess I lost nothing but time. And I am determined to make up for that.

Another realization, time is something that, once lost, can never be taken back. So I'm taking back Sunday, and Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday, and Saturday. Thank God for Holy Week and Easter. A time for meditation and reflection. This is one opportunity that I'm not passing up on.

And so as I head off to dreamy land, I look forward to a new day. And a new week. And a new month. And a new year. Most of all, I look forward to a new me. Very excited here. Praise God for new beginnings. Amen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika